The farmers, volunteers and staff of Lundale Farm have been resilient and dedicated in responding to the challenges wrought by COVID-19. Our farming community’s commitment to real, healthy locally grown food has never been more critical. Now, more than ever, we call on you to support our place of inspiration and opportunity for new farmers, landowners and others committed to our local food system.
While our Lundale Farm events have been temporarily suspended, our exciting work at the Farm continues. In the past year we have:
- Leased 100% of our open land to local small farmers
- Welcomed a new agroforestry farmer
- Replaced roofs on the historic farmhouse and springhouse at the main farm
- Dedicated the Illoway Tribute Garden at the bake house in honor of Eleanor and Stock Illoway
- Updated electricity and other improvements at the machine shed, our outdoor classroom
- Implemented our 2020 Lundale Farm Sustainable Forestry Management Plan with the award of $60,000 from USDA NRCS to assist the control of invasive plants
- Updated our website, and were featured in Eating Well magazine as a model for landowners to grow farmers and farmer communities on leased land
- Launched our Lundale Farm Signature Spice Rubs including the “Go to Everyday Blend” and “Sweet and Spicy Rub”, with the support of NU Products Co. Inc., now available for purchase online at https://lundalefarm.org.
- Undertaken countless road and stormwater improvement projects
- Established a new quasi-endownment fund with the Chester County Community Foundation for capital projects with the generous support of Stock Illoway
Still, there is so much to do, both in expanding our programming and preventing deterioration of aging structures. Your donation in any amount will help Lundale continue to achieve its goals.