OUR MISSION & LOCATION
Lundale Farm is a sustainable farming community that is a place of inspiration, innovation and opportunity for new farmers, landowners, and others committed to locally grown food. Lundale comprises 520 acres of pastures and woodlands, bordered by French Creek and Beaver Run. We offer access to hiking and riding trails, fly fishing and other recreational and educational activities.
We accomplish our mission through the following:
- Leasing land to farmers to start or grow their business
- Consulting with other land owners who want to lease their land for food production
- Managing other land owners’ properties who are leasing land for food production
- Providing educational opportunities to our farmers, and other local farmers, and the public about sustainable farming practices
Our physical address is 2501 Pottstown Pike, Pottstown, PA 19465
Our mailing address is PO BOX 673, Kimberton, PA 19442
Click here to see a map and brochure.
Information about farming opportunities and future events can be found on “About Lundale Farm“.
HELP US RAISE THE ROOF
Lundale Farm is seeking vital public support to preserve its historic farmhouse and springhouse that serve as housing for farmers, the board’s meeting space, and storage for the farm’s historical files. The public is asked to help the farm “raise the Roof!” in an effort to preserve the structures registered with the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
Maintaining the aging buildings is the non-profit’s greatest financial challenge as this infrastructure is critical to the small farmers that call the farm home to grow local vegetables, fruits, dairy, and meats. Lundale Farm supports sustainable agriculture by connecting farmers to available land and housing, and providing educational opportunities about sustainable agriculture to farmers and the public.
According to the National Trust, “The house is a fine example of a well preserved late eighteenth century local farmhouse which grew to accommodate the needs of the owners.” The farmhouse was originally built in two sections, with the first being built in 1796. The springhouse is the earliest structure on the property, built by James Pugh sometime after he purchased the property in 1713. A springhouse was built in the cellar of the house below two floors of living space plus an attic.
VISIT THE FARM
SUPPORT OUR EVENTS
IT WAS A “GLISTENING DAY”
Lundale Farm is a non-profit 501 c (3) organization, located in Chester County, Pennsylvania, 40 miles west of Philadelphia.